Upper Green River Adventure
If you are looking for a high-adventure, heart-pumping whitewater experience, this is it! One of the steepest commercially-run sections of whitewater in the Southeast, the Upper Green consists of continuous class II and III rapids and two class IV’s. We are the only company to run trips on this beautiful wilderness section of the Green River, so get away from the crowds and experience something worth writing home about!
Begin your inflatable kayak trip just 8 minutes from downtown Saluda and paddle deep into the untouched wilderness of the Green River Gamelands. This trip boasts huge rapids, small groups, and is teeming with wildlife. Your two guides point you in the right direction as you paddle through class II-IV rapids in your own inflatable kayak. Participants finish this trip with big thrills, big stories, and a sense of accomplishment.
This is a high-adventure, wilderness experience, which requires active participation for 2.5 hrs. This trip is not recommended for some older adults or participants with health conditions that may require immediate attention.
A light snack and water is provided on the trip.
Don’t see a trip time that suits your group? Feel free to call our outpost – we may still have availability when booking by phone: (800) 335-1530.
Upper Green River map
4 mile Wilderness section of class II-IV rapids
- Tuxedo Hydrostation/Put-In
- Big Rock • Look around at the beauty, last chance and into the Wilderness
- Calm before the storm • Practice your skills on these class II+ rapids, you’ll need it
- Charleston Stuffer • If you’re from the Low Country, look out!
- Bayless Boof • (Class IV) Ever paddled off a horizon line? Your guides will help you clean up at the bottom
- Wanda’s Hole • A lesson in Hydrology as well as our snack spot
- Devil’s Elbow • 3 lefts does not make a right
- Beavers and River Otters live here
- Peter Guice Bridge • 225 ft above is the tallest bridge in NC, only development you’ll see on this Wilderness Run
- S-Turn • Don’t miss the eddy at the bottom cause Pinball is next.
- Pinball • Class IV’s are easy by now, right?!?
- Snot Rock Falls
- Complimentary Hike Out (0.7 miles) • There’s no additional charge for this part of the adventure, and – It’s a race to the top: Winner gets a complimentary beverage!
|Regularly Scheduled Trips||$67|
|Age Requirements||Minimum Age: 12. Previous experience recommended, but not required.|
|River Rapid Class||Class II, Class III, Class IV|
|Intended Audience||Suggested for high-energy, adventurous participants in reasonably good physical condition. All trips are guide-assisted.|
Our trips run rain or shine!
Footwear with a heal strap is required.
All gear, including lifejackets and helmets are provided.
What to Bring
- Bathing suit or swim trunks – synthetic material, no cotton
- Water shoes – that can get wet, and won’t fall off while swimming. ***We rent shoes at our outpost.
- Towel and dry change of clothes
- Eyeglasses/Sunglasses – with a retaining strap
- Extra pair of contact lenses
- Required Medications
- *We provide all kayaking specific gear. If you forget something, our outfitter store will probably have it!
- Guests are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled trip time. If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you on another trip, given availability. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver. Participants under 18 years are required to have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of booking.
- If you need cancel or modify your reservation, you are required to notify us 72 hours/3 days prior to your scheduled trip.
- Cancellations or modifications made within 72 hours/3 days of trip are NOT eligible for refund.
- Groups of 10 or more receiving a group discount pay a 50% deposit to reserve trips. Group cancellations or modifications are NOT eligible for refund within 14 days of scheduled trip.
Weather and High/Low Water
Green River Adventures’ trips run regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of weather or water conditions deemed too dangerous by Green River Adventures. Passing thunderstorms are common in the summer, but rarely result in cancelled or delayed trips. At our discretion, we may delay or postpone a trip in order to avoid passing thunderstorms. In the event a trip is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.