Lower Green River Adventure
The Lower Green is perfect for everyone. This mom-approved river adventure takes you down a 3-mile stretch of the lower section of the Green River that offers easily navigated rapids, beautiful scenery, and deep, green swimming holes.
The Lower Green is a great whitewater experience for everyone and the perfect place to bring the kids or hone your skills before plunging into the Upper Green.
Your guide will point you in the right direction as you paddle through class I-II rapids in your own inflatable kayak. Enjoy the scenery, but don’t forget to stop along the way for a swim in a deep green pool or take a trip off a rope swing.
Need to reserve a 2-person boat? Don’t see a trip time that suits your group? Feel free to call our outpost – we may still have availability when booking by phone: (800) 335-1530.
Lower Green River Map
6-mile section, Class II-II+ (0-3 mile for 12pm and 1pm launches; 3-6 mile for 2pm and 3pm launches)
- Fishtop Falls • This is the end of the road for spawning fish from Lake Adger and the put-in for Lower Green
- Big Corky’s Rapid-Class II+ • Keep your boat straight and you’ll do just fine
- Bright’s Creek Private River Access • Great place for a picnic by the river
- Surf Wave • Learn to surf or hang 10, the only limit is your imagination
- Little Corky’s Rapid-class II+ • Clean up your yard sale on the beach below
- Stocked for fishing • Delayed Harvest boundary at Cove Creek confluence
- Wildlife highway • We’ve seen bear and deer cross the river here
- Turtles on logs • They’re everywhere, but be quiet or you’ll never see them!
- Rope Swing • Let the kids try it first!
- Super Man Rapid
- Nantahala Rapid
- Jacob’s Ladder
- Big Rock River Access
|Adults (12 years and older)||$47|
|Kids (5 – 11 years old)||$37|
|Age Requirements||Ages 5 and up. No previous experience required.|
|River Rapid Class||Class II|
|Intended Audience||Great for the whole family! Small group sizes for your enjoyment and safety. All trips are guide-assisted.|
Our trips run rain or shine!
No previous experience required.
Footwear with a heal strap is required.
All gear, including lifejackets and helmets are provided.
What to Bring
- Bathing suit or swim trunks – synthetic material, no cotton
- Water shoes – that can get wet, and won’t fall off while swimming. ***We rent shoes at our outpost.
- Towel and dry change of clothes
- Eyeglasses/Sunglasses – with a retaining strap
- Extra pair of contact lenses
- Required Medications
- *We provide all kayaking specific gear. If you forget something, our outfitter store will probably have it!
- Guests are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled trip time. If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you on another trip, given availability. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver. Participants under 18 years are required to have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of booking.
- If you need cancel or modify your reservation, you are required to notify us 72 hours/3 days prior to your scheduled trip.
- Cancellations or modifications made within 72 hours/3 days of trip are NOT eligible for refund.
- Groups of 10 or more receiving a group discount pay a 50% deposit to reserve trips. Group cancellations or modifications are NOT eligible for refund within 14 days of scheduled trip.
Weather and High/Low Water
Green River Adventures’ trips run regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of weather or water conditions deemed too dangerous by Green River Adventures. Passing thunderstorms are common in the summer, but rarely result in cancelled or delayed trips. At our discretion, we may delay or postpone a trip in order to avoid passing thunderstorms. In the event a trip is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.