Classic Swimming Hole Adventure
Feel like spending the day with your family at a gorgeous swimming hole, but don’t know where to go? Let us handle all of the headaches so you can relax and enjoy your vacation. This 1.5-mile hike on easy trails will take you away from the crowds to an undisclosed swimming hole. Enjoy swimming in deep, naturally formed “potholes”, ducking your head behind a waterfall veil, or catching some sun on the bedrock.
Perfect for the entire family, our Classic Swimming Hole Adventure visits easily accessible swimming holes surrounded by huge boulders and the lush vegetation of the Green River Gorge. Separate yourself from the crowds, but don’t wear yourself out doing it! This trip offers short hikes and unique water features that can’t be found at a water park.
A light snack and water are provided on the trip. Add a catered lunch from the Purple Onion Café for a picnic by the river.
The Classic Swimming Hole Adventure is a easy to moderate hike and is recommended for anybody. Life jackets are available upon request.
Don’t see a trip time that suits your group? Feel free to call our outpost – we may still have availability when booking by phone: (800) 335-1530.
Swimming hole hike map
- Wolcott Bottoms • Hike through the rich agricultural history of the Green River Cove microclimate-famous for its heirloom tomatoes
- 1.5 mile hike (35-40 min) to Cove Creek
- Sliding Rock • Sit down to get down
- Jump off Rock • If you dare
- Hellbenders • Rarely spotted, these are the largest salamanders in North America
|Kids under 12||$37|
|Groups of 10 or more||$Call for pricing|
|Age Requirements||All Ages|
|Intended Audience||Suggested for families/groups with a range of ages looking for a mountain activity away from crowds.|
Our trips run rain or shine!
Close-toed shoes with a heal strap are required. You will be walking on unstable and wet/slippery terrain.
Water and a snack is provided.
Catered lunch options available.
What to Bring
- T-shirt and swim trunks – synthetic material, no cotton
- Extra warm layer – synthetic material, no cotton
- Sturdy shoes – that are good for hiking and walking on slippery rocks. ***We rent shoes at our outpost.
- Towel and dry change of clothes
- Eyeglasses/Sunglasses – with a retaining strap
- Extra pair of contact lenses
- Required Medications
- *If you forget something, our outfitter store will probably have it!
- Guests are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled trip time. If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you on another trip, given availability. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver. Participants under 18 years are required to have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of booking.
- If you need cancel or modify your reservation, you are required to notify us 72 hours/3 days prior to your scheduled trip.
- Cancellations or modifications made within 72 hours/3 days of trip are NOT eligible for refund.
- Groups of 10 or more receiving a group discount pay a 50% deposit to reserve trips. Group cancellations or modifications are NOT eligible for refund within 14 days of scheduled trip.
Weather and High/Low Water
Green River Adventures’ trips run regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of weather or water conditions deemed too dangerous by Green River Adventures. Passing thunderstorms are common in the summer, but rarely result in cancelled or delayed trips. At our discretion, we may delay or postpone a trip in order to avoid passing thunderstorms. In the event a trip is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.