Big Bradley Waterfall Rappel
The Bradley Falls 200 ft Rappel is a thrill you won’t get anywhere else. Practice your rappelling skills on a 30 ft vertical rock face before your descent next to one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the region. Be prepared to get wet, the splash from the waterfall is just part of the experience. And remember to keep your eyes peeled for the abundant salamanders clinging to the wall.
If this trip isn’t on your bucket list, it should be. Our rappel program is reviewed by American Mountain Guide Association certified facilitators and meets current standards. At “Ground School” we’ll orient you to your harness and gear and teach you the techniques of rappelling on a gentle slope. When you’ve mastered your rappel device, muster your courage on a 30 ft vertical wall before descending the 200 ft Waterfall Rappel.
Offered as a half-day trip, the Bradley Falls Rappel can also be combined with the Big Bradley Waterfall Trek for a full-day canyoneering expedition (lunch included)!
Your guide will be assisting the entire time.
A light snack and water is provided on the trip.
The Bradley Falls Rappel is a high-adventure, wilderness experience, which requires active participation. This trip is not recommended for some older adults or participants with health conditions that may require immediate attention.
Bradley Falls map
- 1 mile hike in • Wildflowers and wildlife
- Ground School • get familiar with your gear and learn the basics of rappelling
- 30ft Rappel • get vertical and get ready on this perfect practice rappel,
- 200 ft Rappel • if this doesn’t make you feel extreme, try Squirrel Suiting
- Hellbenders • this rare giant Salamander has been seen here
- Old Growth Hickory Tree • it’s so big, you may not notice
- What goes down, must come up
- Bradley Falls • 140 ft
|Full-Day Canyoneering (Rappel + Trek + Lunch)||$159|
|Age Requirements||Minimum Age: 15|
|Intended Audience||Suggested for high-energy, adventurous participants in reasonably good physical condition and comfortable with heights. All trips are guide-assisted.|
Our trips run rain or shine!
Footwear with a heal strap is required, we recommend close-toed shoes.
All gear, including harnesses and helmets are provided.
What to Bring
- T-shirt and swim trunks – synthetic material, no cotton
- Extra warm layer – synthetic material, no cotton
- Sturdy shoes – that are good for hiking and walking on slippery rocks. ***We rent shoes at our outpost.
- Towel and dry change of clothes
- Eyeglasses/Sunglasses – with a retaining strap
- Extra pair of contact lenses
- Required Medications
- *If you forget something, our outfitter store will probably have it!
- Guests are expected to arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled trip time. If you are running late, we will do our best to accommodate you on another trip, given availability. No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
- All guests are required to sign a waiver. Participants under 18 years are required to have a parent or guardian sign the waiver.
- All reservations are charged in full at the time of booking.
- If you need cancel or modify your reservation, you are required to notify us 72 hours/3 days prior to your scheduled trip.
- Cancellations or modifications made within 72 hours/3 days of trip are NOT eligible for refund.
- Groups of 10 or more receiving a group discount pay a 50% deposit to reserve trips. Group cancellations or modifications are NOT eligible for refund within 14 days of scheduled trip.
Weather and High/Low Water
Green River Adventures’ trips run regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of weather or water conditions deemed too dangerous by Green River Adventures. Passing thunderstorms are common in the summer, but rarely result in cancelled or delayed trips. At our discretion, we may delay or postpone a trip in order to avoid passing thunderstorms. In the event a trip is cancelled, you will receive a full refund.